Fish search

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Aquarium Care - Are You Making These Disastrous Mistakes?

Have you ever put a selection of different fish into your aquarium and find later a lot had gone missing?, I did, and paid the price for it.

I had 8 neon tetras in my tank, well after some months I was given 2 young discus, at first they were fine, and growing well, then suddenly I counted 7 tetras, I had a good look around but could not find it, and I thought perhaps I might of vacuumed the fish up from the bottom.

Any way next day I am down to 5 tetras, and then none, and I find out the discus (who were plump by now) had indeed eaten them.

Now I always thought at that time that aquarium care just consisted of clean water,good filters and feeding the fish, how wrong I was, you see the biggest mistake I made was not checking out the habits of the fish I was keeping together.

Not only are you likely to lose fish, but it stresses other fish in the tank also.

Communal aquariums are fine, but aquarium care consists also of checking out the compatibility of the fish before you add them to your tank, not only that you also need to check on the fish's requirements in terms of temperature, water conditions, breeding habits and feeding etc.

Do not make the same mistakes I made at the beginning, understand that aquarium care is not just about your set up and clean water, it means the care of selection of the fish you have in it.

Learning about your fish before you buy will save you a lot of money and headaches in the future, and your aquarium care will be much easier.

I have made quite a few mistakes with my aquarium fish in my day. Save yourself time, money and headaches by visiting fish for aquarium [http://www.fishforaquarium.net] Also visit to discover what you should not do [http://www.fishforaquarium.net] in caring for your fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment