Gallon aquariums come in a wide range of sizes and shapes. There are those which only hold 5 gallons of water, and others which hold 200 or more gallons. But whichever size of gallon aquarium you buy you will need to know the correct ways to look after them so that the fish and other marine life in them, including the corals in a reef tank can survive.
When you are setting up a budget in order to buy a gallon aquarium, you need to think about the other equipment that is necessary, along with the tank this is going to provide the right kind of environment for the aquatic life in it. Plus understanding the basics of aquariums helps you to purchase a gallon aquarium that is ideal for you.
So What Sorts Of Gallon Aquariums Can One Get?
Today you can either get yours made from glass or acrylic, each of which come with its own particular advantages and disadvantages. Below we look at what some of the differences are between these two kinds of gallon aquariums, the first is the glass one.
- The first thing we are going to mention is that gallon aquariums made from glass are much cheaper to buy than those made from acrylic.
- A glass gallon aquarium (no matter its size) is much more resilient than acrylic ones and far less likely to scratch.
- Unfortunately a glass gallon aquarium is far more bulky and heavy than acrylic ones and they need to have a stronger frame in order to carry the weight of the glass.
When it comes to acrylic gallon aquariums these are a few of the differences you will discover between them and a glass one.
- The acrylic gallon aquariums are sealed differently from glass ones and not only do they look much nicer, but also the seals on these are considerably stronger.
- The big advantage of the acrylic ones over the glass ones is that they are considerably lighter, but you do need to be careful when cleaning them as they are much more likely to get scratched.
- Both types come in a wide range of shapes and sizes, but those gallon aquariums made from acrylic can be made in some really unusual shapes, so you have a wider selection of shapes to choose from over those made from glass.
Gallon Aquarium - Other Things To Consider Before Buying
When purchasing a gallon aquarium, no matter what size or shape it is, you need to make sure that the base on which it is going to stand is strong and sturdy. No matter whether the gallon aquarium is made from glass or acrylic once the water, equipment and then fish or other marine life are added, the weight increases substantially. If the stand cannot hold the weight of the gallon aquarium fully loaded, then the chances of it tipping over are greatly increased.
For more gallon aquarium tips [http://www.theaquariumlady.com/aquarium-articles/Gallon-Aquariums] and aquariums visit The Aquarium Lady [http://www.theaquariumlady.com].